Sara Daniel Romance Author: Get to Know the heroine of Broken Road by @AlexaBourne @DecadentPub

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Get to Know the heroine of Broken Road by @AlexaBourne @DecadentPub

Guest Post by Alexa Bourne

The heroine in Broken Road, Catriona, has a lot of me in her. As a writer, how can I not put some of myself into the main female character? Of course, there are a lot of differences between us, too, but I’m pretty sure those are minor.

Catriona works in a school as a teacher's assistant and she spends her days with young children. I'm a middle school English teacher. Because I'm comfortable talking and writing about educational settings, it was easy for me to decide Cat would work in a school.

She loves her quiet, quaint Highland community. I've always wanted to live in the type of community I've created with my Highland books. Cat's friendships and relationships are what I wish for my own life.

Yes, she enjoys living far from the city with a slower pace, but she does long for adventure, too. She's a bit timid and she's not sure if the city life or traveling is for her, but when she gets the chance to move in Broken Road she takes it. I love to travel and have adventures inside my country as well as out in the rest of the world. I can say that I am a lot more adventurous than Cat. She lets fear dictate her life in some ways. I do not. I may still have worries, but I refuse to be held down by them.

Cat, in the beginning of the story, is a lost soul. By the end of the book, after taking chances she never expected, she knows exactly what she wants and needs and she's not interested in settling for less. I was a lost soul for many years, but after many challenges and chances, I am the woman I want to be. I know what I want for my life and I am not willing to settle either. Now, Cat does get the hot and sexy Ian MacKenzie in her life and her bed, and I'm still searching for my own soulmate, but I'm holding out hope that will eventually be another similarity between us!

Catriona MacGregor leads a quiet life, working in the local school of Glenhalish, Scotland and spending time with close friends. She’s content to sit back and be an observer of the life around her. But all that changes when a recently deceased family friend leaves her a flat in Edinburgh and challenges her to spread her wings.

With his work as an international bodyguard, Ian MacKenzie has no time for a serious, committed relationship. Yet when he comes home to Glenhalish for a visit and to clear his mind, he is drawn to down-to-earth Cat. The more time they spend together, the more he wants her.

Though they agreed to a friends-with-benefits arrangement, Cat soon discovers exactly what she wants for herself and it involves all of Ian—body, mind and soul. Their connection ambushes Ian. He’s not ready for the intensity they share.

Can this Highland lassie steer her lad back onto the right path to a love that will last a lifetime?

Excerpt:
Cat sat at one of the foldaway tables and sipped her wine. A pleasant breeze rolled off the loch and made the candlelight shimmer. So much laughter and chatter whooshed round her, and again her heart hung heavy. Could she give up all she had here for a new life in Edinburgh? Did she have the courage to try? What if Fiona had been wrong in her will and given Cat more credit than she truly deserved?

Ian marched toward her, pulled her glass from her hand, and set it on the table. “Come.” With a firm but gentle grip, he tugged her out of the chair.

Where?”

“I need you to save me.” He whirled her round and pulled her close to his hard-muscled body. She pressed her palms to his chest. The heat under her fingers shot straight into her center. He wrapped his arms round her waist and eased them onto the dance floor in time to the slow rhythm of the music.

Cat laughed. “You, a big, braw lad, need me, a wee lass, to rescue you? I find that hard to believe.” But, she was ever so grateful for whatever sent him to her. They’d always been friendly with each other, sort of like her relationship with Ewan, except…not.

He spun her round so she could see the other side of the dance floor. “See those lasses flirting with the MacDougall brothers?”

Women with tight clothes and high-pitched laughs dangled over the makeshift bar. “What about them?”

“Two of them are trying to lay claim to me.”

“And?”

“I don’t do romantic relationships.”

“What?” Handsome, smart, strong. He had it all.

Bio: Alexa Bourne is a teacher by day and a romance writer by nights, weekends, and all school holidays. She also teaches online classes for writers throughout the year. She writes romantic suspense and contemporary romance and is thrilled to have the chance to share her stories with readers everywhere.

When she’s not concocting sinister plots and steamy love scenes or traveling and exploring new cultures, Alexa spends her time reading, watching brainless TV, and thinking about exercising. Okay, she also spends way too much time interacting with readers and writers on social media sites. But don’t tell her editors! Find out more about her and her books on her website, www.alexabourne.com.

Social Media:

Buy Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment