Sara Daniel Romance Author: Friday Friends - Interview with Nancy DiMauro's Daphne from Apollo Rising

Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday Friends - Interview with Nancy DiMauro's Daphne from Apollo Rising

For today's Friday Friend, I'm interviewing the heroine of Nancy DiMauro's mythology-based romance novel Apollo Rising.

Thank you for coming to chat with us. Why do you think Nancy DiMauro choose you to represent her?
We had a bonding moment. She was driving to work in the sleet back in January and was thinking that it must suck to be a tree. Well, I’d been a tree for . . . far too long. I asked Apollo to have a Muse whisper in her ear. The rest you can say is mythology.

Tell us a little about yourself?
I’m a water and forest nymph. My parents were the Earth Mother and the river god, Peneas. I was an only child.

What do you wish people would know about you?
Even though nymphs have a reputation we’re not all like that. blushes Or at least I wasn’t. I’d decided to follow in Artemis’s footsteps and never take a husband. Much to my father’s chagrin, I dedicated myself to hunting. You would have thought he’d have been happy when I fell in love… looks away, but I guess you know that story.

Will we be seeing more of you or are you stepping out of the lime light?
I suspect you’ll see me again.

Do you feel you were portrayed fairly?
Mostly. I was pretty active before Cupid shot me with a golden arrow. I don’t think I turned into such a love-sick fool afterwards. But then, maybe I did.

Tell us about Apollo and what drew you to him?
Tell you the truth, I hated him at first. My friend, Clytie, had died because of him, and he never noticed her. I always feel a bit guilty that I fell in love with him in spite of what happened to her, and that he loved me back. I mean, why me and not her?

But that’s not what you asked. For all his pretty looks, there’s a wild heart beating in that broad chest of his. Just being around him warms me to my core. There’s the music. I could listen to him play, have listened to him play, for hours. And the rest blushes, well that’s private.

What’s your favorite sports team?
The Spartans. Not only were they fearsome on the battle field, you should have seen them wrestle.

What are your biggest turn off?
Being trapped in a tree for millennia. Do you know how tired your arms get when you have to hold them upright for that long?

What’s your perfect day and why?
Any day there’s a solar eclipse because I get to spent time with Apollo without his attention being fractured over thousands of aspects.

What your favorite Ice cream flavor, Chocolate, Vanilla, or Strawberry?
Chocolate. Definitely chocolate.

Why should the readers be interested in your story?
It’s really Apollo’s story more than mine. It’s a love story. Don’t you just adore love stories?

I’m going to steal what Apollo said in his interview since he did such a good job answering this question.

Like most of the Greek myths, Apollo Rising is about so much more than whether he can break the curse and restore me to my true form. It’s a story about accepting responsibility for our mistakes, and what we’re willing to sacrifice for love. Would you make a deal with Hades, the devil himself, if it was the only way to free your love even at the cost of everything else? That’s the choice Apollo has to make. I won’t tell you anything more about it so I don’t wreck the story.

What about the woman on the cover is that a fair representation of you?
She’s beautiful, but she’s not a laurel tree. Although I think Kelly Shorten did a fabulous job of portraying my spirit and the fact that, even while cursed, Apollo and I were linked. Trees need the sun to grow after all.

Thanks for joining us. I look forward to reading about your story.

To restore Daphne to her nymph form, Apollo must bargain with treacherous Hades, but Death may demand too high a price.

Amazon US BUY LINK
Amazon UK BUY LINK

Learn more about Nancy DiMauro and her impressive work on her website Falcons Fables and blog. Stay connected on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment