Sara Daniel Romance Author: #AuthorInterview with @jsubject on her #newrelease #scifi #cloneromance

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

#AuthorInterview with @jsubject on her #newrelease #scifi #cloneromance

Author Interview with Jessica E. Subject, sci-fi romance author, on her new release Made For Her:

Welcome Jessica. How did you come with the idea for this story?
With this story, I decided to get away from aliens in my sci-fi and try something different. I’ve always asked myself the “what-if” about Human cloning as soon as I knew what cloning was. And since many sci-fi romances deal with the military, I decided to try that aspect as well. I had a LOT of help from Karlene Petitt, who is a pilot, DL Jackson, who served in the US military, and my original editor, Rie Langdon, who also has military experience. They helped me to craft this story together, so that it worked and fit into the military romance subgenre.

If you could spend a whole day with one of the characters from Made For Her, where would you go and what would you do?
I’d want to go with Mikayla to the clone labs in Geneva. It would be fascinating to see the entire process. Plus, I wouldn’t complain about all of the sexy clones around.

Where is one place you would like to travel for story research?
Space, where else? Though, I’d love to train with astronauts at the Johnson Space Center.

What are you currently working on?
I have started a new series called Galactic Defenders. It is about a group of beings from all over the universe, who travel to different planets to protect the citizens from the Erebus. The tagline for the series is They were trained to fight, not fall in love. The first book will be called Bryce, and will release later this year. And I hope to have the first draft of Jager finished by the end of 2016.

Do you have any upcoming author appearances?

Yes, I will be at Romancing the Capital in May. It is held in Ottawa, the capital of Canada, and is hosted by Eve Langlais. I will be participating in a panel on sci-fi romance, and other events. Plus I’ll have books for sale at the signing. You can find more information here: http://orc.evelanglais.com/

MADE FOR HER
By Jessica E. Subject

After terrorists murder the love of her life, Colonel Mikayla Jones trains squadron after squadron of the clones he brought to life, to take to the skies. When she discovers a young clone of her husband in her newest class, her world spins out of control. How can she command the look-a-like when she can’t help but yearn for him to fill an ache in her heart?

Dare was created to be the best. As the first Daniel clone to leave Onatria labs, he needs to prove he is more than just a DNA copy. To do that, he must rely on the wife of the man who donated his genes. But when she refuses to train him, Dare faces discharge and returning to the labs. Can he convince Colonel Jones to finish his training and find a way into her bed? Or will long kept secrets unhinge the entire clone project?

Please note: Made For Her was previously published with another publisher. It has been revised and expanded from the original version. This version also includes the short story, Replicated Consequences, which takes place in the same world.
Available from
Amazon US | UK | Canada | Australia | Germany | Japan

Reviews:
“…a brilliant plot twist that was a tear-jerker, and had me physically reeling – I really hadn’t expected it.” - Critique de Book

“The entire thing was cohesive; the characters, dialogue, and setting were natural and well paced. Very glad I went with my initial instinct I read it…Highly Recommended!” - Books, Books & More Books

“I loved this twist on the Sci-Fi clone story… This was like a Top Gun story set in the future where cloning is real and space exploration is growing and alien contact is a reality for which the government has been preparing for years.” - Tracy Riva Books & Reviews

Bio:
Jessica E. Subject is the author of science fiction romance, mostly alien romances, ranging from sweet to super hot. Sometimes she dabbles in paranormal and contemporary as well, bringing to life a wide variety of characters. In her stories, you could not only meet a sexy alien or two, but also clones and androids. You may be transported to a dystopian world where rebels are fighting to live and love, or to another planet for a romantic rendezvous.

When Jessica isn't reading, writing, or doing dreaded housework, she likes to get out and walk with her giant, hairy dog her family adopted from the local animal shelter.
Jessica lives in Ontario, Canada with her husband and two energetic children. And she loves to hear from her readers. You can find her at jessicasubject.com and on twitter @jsubject.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting me and my new release, Sara! :)

    ReplyDelete