Sara Daniel Romance Author: My Favorite Family Meal #SpaghettiPie #recipe

Monday, August 29, 2016

My Favorite Family Meal #SpaghettiPie #recipe

Sometimes you try a recipe and it’s so good and so perfect that it becomes a family staple. I discovered this recipe years ago when my kids were small, and today we all agree that it is our favorite family meal.

Spaghetti Pie
Angel Hair pasta or spaghetti (Confession: I have no idea how much. I use a handful of noodles or about 2 cups of cooked noodles. Basically, make enough to cover the bottom of a pie pan.)
2 eggs
1 tbsp. margarine or butter
⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
16-22 oz. cottage cheese
16 oz Polska Kielbasa (or smoked/other sausage or ½-1lb hamburger) – skip this if you prefer a meatless option
1½ cups of your favorite spaghetti sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 375°F.

Cook the pasta according to package instructions and drain.

Combine 1 egg, Parmesan cheese, and margarine. Stir into hot pasta. (If you use cold leftover spaghetti, melt the margarine before you mix everything together.) Press mixture into the bottom and up the side of a greased round 9-inch pie pan.

Combine cottage cheese and 1 egg. Spread over crust.

Cook ⅔ of sausage and cut into small chunks. Combine with spaghetti sauce. Heat. Pour over cottage cheese mixture.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the pie is not runny.

Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.

Cook remaining Polska Kielbasa, and serve in chunks as a side.

Enjoy! I always serve this with cheesy garlic bread, although I burned the bread in the picture because I was working on my blog post instead of checking the oven!! Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment